Thursday, January 24, 2008

Running: Getting Started

I'm off the bike for awhile so I need to keep the aerobic engine in shape. Looks like it's running for me for the next few months. It's not all that bad now that I have some endurance built up, a higher LT and stronger leg muscles from cycling. I don't get the exhilliration from speed as I do on the bike but it's a bit more relaxing since I don't think about getting hit by a car as I do on my bike.

Holly is doing the Shamrock 8k and I plan on joining her on the run. It'll give me something to train for. Before that, there's also the East Beach 5k on Feb 2nd that I'll do too.
Other races/run down the road include:
Yorktown Victory Run at the end of March to use as a warm for the Dismal Swamp 1/2 Marathon
Chesapeake Bay 10k or my favorite run in N. VA - GW Parkway Classic on April 29th.
Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon over Labor Day weekend.

If I get back on the bike, I'm sure they'll be some duathlons thrown here this season too.

No comments: