Monday, January 28, 2008

Dismal Stomp 1/2 Marathon Training Program

Just finished planning out my 1/2 marathon 13 week training program for the Dismal Swamp Stomp 1/2 Marathon. I used Runner's World online training program to map out my program. The training program doesn't look too intimidating since I'm just a mid-packer and my goal is to finish faster than I did the Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon back in 2001.

My first week of training consisted of 2 indoor treadmill runs and a 3 mile and 5 mile run outside. I'll work on speedwork, intervals and faster tempo runs in the next few weeks after I get my body adjusted to the pavement.

This Saturday is the East Beach 1/2 Marathon and 5K race. Hopefully I'll get a baseline 5K time out of this race to work on my pacing for my training. This will be the first time I pin on a race number in 7 years. I just need to remember I don't need to crumple the number like I do for cycling races and don't have to worry about asking "which side?".

No comments: